Those of us, who are old enough, may remember with a smile the lyrics from the old nursery ryhme, “Pop Goes The Weasel!” There is however nothing to smile about when a report crosses your desk informing you that your cartons and cases are popping open! It either happens immediately out of compression, in the warehouse or worse case of all.. out in the Trade!
This situation is easy to spot, but sometimes difficult to diagnose and cure.
- High heat temperatures in the plant that affects substrates.
- High moisture content in the carton or case paper stock.
- High-temperature settings on the application equipment.
The Potential Cures:
- Allow your case and carton stock to acclimate on the plant floor at least 24 hours prior to use, thereby allowing the paper to cool.
- Lower application temperatures, starting with 5 degree increments, from up to 10 to 20 degrees to compensate for high substrate temperatures.
- Increase compression time.
New hot melt or liquid adhesive to resolve the issue.
The best course of action if all above fails, contact your local ADQ Repsentative and utilze our over 100 years of combined packaging equipment and adhesive experience to help resolve your current issues.
WE CAN AND WILL GET YOUR PRODUCTION BACK ON LINE!